With the holiday season upon us, it can be the most wonderful time of the year, or it can cause stress and anxiety.
Whether it's finding the perfect gifts, making meals for several small family dinners, or dressing up your home like a winter wonderland, the holiday season can wear you out!
However, despite the demands of the 2020 holiday season, there are several ways you can minimize stress during this festive time of the year. Consider these tips to keep holiday stressors at bay:
- Plan your shopping. Organize your shopping strategically by setting a budget, writing down your gift list, and safely shopping in stores. Keep in mind that this is a great year to begin shopping online!
- Invest in yourself. The more you have to manage on your to-do list, the more important it is to take time for self-care so you can approach your tasks with presence and positivity. Give yourself an early present by dedicating time to your favorite activity or treating yourself to an at-home spa day.
- Choose quality over quantity. Keeping up with traditions and planning safe holiday activities are fun, but can become overwhelming. We can also go overboard while trying to make everything perfect. Remember that spending quality time with loved ones is most important, so don’t stress if you don’t get around to sending out holiday cards this year.
- Know your limits. If you are overwhelmed with extra chores or tasks this holiday season, pull in others to help. Prioritize which items need your attention first and if certain tasks can wait, place them on the back burner and revisit them when the holiday hustle and bustle begins to settle.
- Take a mindful break. If you’re feeling symptoms of stress or anxiety, or if you want to set the stage for an optimal day, stop and take a quick relaxation break. Try a breathing exercise or take a quick walk to calm and center yourself.
Try the tips above - don't let the holidays overwhelm you. Instead, identify your holiday triggers and address them in advance to thrive this holiday season.
Ask me about other ways to have a stress free holiday!